So first up is a very very quick recap of “Desperate Housewives,” followed by some thoughts. The same with “Brothers and Sisters” follows.
-Orson began to suspect Bree of having an affair, and nearly caught her with Karl, but Angie saved Bree’s butt.
-Susan was sentenced to picking up trash, and learned from Katherine she and Mike “did it” 5 times a day. She tried to beat that record, but when they talked, Mike said it was when he and Katherine were stuck in a cabin with nothing else to do . . . all they had was sex . . . they never talked or connected like he and Susan.
-Gabby tried to get Juanita into Catholic school by sending Lynette’s new hire at work to Miami (as a space would open up because of his daughter). Lynette however needed him to take her place for a few months on maternity leave. In the end Gabby found out Lynette was pregnant, and it seems Carlos always knew, and he told her she could go to Miami or quit, but he knew he couldn’t fire her because she was pregnant.
-Nick has been working at a coffee shop as manager (or something) and Angie was there when a waitress was flirting with him. She wasn’t happy. They talked, she wanted him to be “the man who saved her life, not wrecked it.” Later Nick made a call to an agent saying he was thinking of coming in, but if he did, he wanted Angie to get a free pass. It seemed the waitress overheard Nick, but she said she didn’t at all. He left, then someone came in dressed in black gloves. The waitress asked if they forgot something? She was promptly strangled!
So again, a few boring storylines balanced with a good one and a frustrating one. The Orson/Karl/Bree drama is old and needs to end . . . NOW. It seems it might to in December from the spoilers leaking out.
The Susan and Katherine storyline also needs to end. It seems Katherine finally accepted she lost, but then rubbed her sex life in Susan’s face. Of course the sex life was all she and Mike had in the end. Has Katherine really accepted it’s over? Probably not based on the previews of Mike getting really angry with her.
The storyline with Lynette actually was frustrating. I mean Lynette was lying to Carlos, so she should expect to pay the consequences. But to see Carlos being so cold about it, well I didn’t like at all. It was like the old scary mean Carlos he was when the show began. He actually made me feel sorry for Lynette, which I don’t often do considering she busts Tom’s balls all the time.
The Angie/Nick storyline was the best one of the show and is finally kicking into high gear. It looks like they are in the witness protection program, based on Nick’s call to the agent. Though the deal Nick was trying to make to “come in” if Angie gets a free pass was odd. Is he offering to turn himself in, or come in and testify? I read it originally as they were in a protection program, but I could be wrong. Something tells me they are not innocent at all no matter which way it goes, more like something out of Mr. and Mrs. Smith. I think they might be mob killers who ratted on their bosses and had to run, which is why Nick said he’d come in if Angie got a free pass. Also the end of the show wanted us to think Nick returned to strangle the waitress, but I think it was a jealous Angie!
On “Brothers and Sisters” . . . . .
- Saul felt Holly’s cheap wine blend was amazing, and they should put it into a local wine competition. They did and won, but Ryan later leaked all the wine out to ruin Holly so she’d sell to that guy.
-Kevin and Scotty were trying to pick an egg donor, and of course Kevin was making it way more complicated than Scotty would have liked. In the end Kevin left it to chance, deciding to throw darts at the top contenders.
- Nora had reservations about dating the younger guy, and he felt she lived in a box. She ended up telling him she might live in the box that is her home and hasn’t traveled like him, but she is not sheltered at all. However she doesn’t understand why he’d want to be with her. He said because he does, and they kissed as the show ended.
- Sarah kept pushing Luc to get a job, work on a green card. He was happy as they were, but Sarah needed to know this was solid. She ended up pushing Luc away in the end, even though she realized she was being too controlling and told Luc she would let things just go as they might. He didn’t believe she could and didn’t want them to end up hating each other, so he left.
- Kitty began wearing a wig, which she felt Robert was a little too into as it was like he was with another woman. In the end she finally showed Robert herself without the wig, and to her surprise, it didn’t phase him at all.
- Rebecca continued to keep her pregnancy from Justin, as he was swamped with school and told her unfortunately until he got over this hump, he wasn’t going to be there for her all the time and he hoped she could understand.
Again, “Brothers and Sisters” delivered throughout its show and made up for “Housewives” lacking storylines. The only one here that got on my nerves was Kevin once again being a control freak about things. Oh and the Kitty wig story was done already on “Housewives” to be honest.
The Sarah and Luc story was really heartbreaking, but fear not! This was originally supposed to be the end for them, but the fan love has lead the writers to bring Luc back at some point. Even though Sarah may have been pushing and searching for something real, I didn’t think she was really that out of bounds. Maybe she pushed a little too hard, but this is a guy just visiting on a visa here!
I loved the storyline with Nora and her younger man (whose name I can’t recall to save my life!). When she told the woman off at the festival it was hilarious, and next week it seems Kitty catches her mom having hot shower sex. I cannot wait. I just hope like the rest of the men in Nora’s life, this one doesn’t turn out to be a dud. However again, the previews have Sarah feeling something isn’t right with the guy, and Kevin saying her judgment in these things is always dead on. No no no no! I hope Sarah is wrong, but I doubt it
This episode once again made me like Holly, *gag*, and even feel sorry for her at the end of the show. I’m also loathing Ryan more than ever after what he did. I hope when he’s exposed the Walkers tell him they were nothing but nice to him, it’s not their fault what their father did to him . . . however if he doesn’t want to be a part of their family then done. Let’s just disown Ryan and write him off the show, period.
As for Rebecca, I think all signs seem to point to her visiting a clinic in the near future over telling Justin the truth. We know where those stories tend to lead on dramas as well, she’ll either be left infertile or Justin will find out and dump her.